The providers at Hampton Family Practice have the ability and specialized training to safely perform minor surgical procedures in our state of the art surgical suite. This allows patients to get the best care from a medical team that they know and trust. We provide the same expert care as a larger facility, but in a more convenient setting. As a patient, you want even minor surgery performed by the physicians who know you best.
The qualified team at Hampton Family Practice performs numerous minor surgical procedures every week, making us an excellent choice for your care.
Minor but painful injuries and conditions often occur unexpectedly and our skilled physicians can respond quickly to help you. They perform surgical procedures to treat common accidents as well as aid in chronic condition management. These procedures include treatment for lacerations, sprains, minor burns, wound care and more.
If a joint issue is discovered, we can administer joint injections. This outpatient procedure can offer quick relief for arthritis, inflammation, and more.
We are able to diagnosis and treat many of these issues quickly and effectively in our technologically advanced clinic.
- Stitches and wound repair
- Removal of foreign bodies including splinters and glass
- Biopsy of skin lesions and moles
- Burn treatment
- Cryotherapy for treatment of warts, skin tags and precancerous skin lesions
- Cyst and lipoma removal
- Excision of moles for cosmetic or medical reasons
- Hemorrhoid clot excision
- Ingrown nail removal
- Toenail procedures
- Minor skin surgeries
Hampton Family Practice provides a variety of birth control options so you can choose the one that best fits your physical condition and lifestyle.
- We offer insertion and removal of both Mirena and Skyla IUDs. These devices offer excellent protection to women, but require proper monitoring by experienced physicians.
- Birth control implants such as Nexplanon offer safe long term birth control for up to three years. Our medical staff will help you decide if this type of birth control will work for you.
- A vasectomy is a common procedure that can be done during an outpatient visit to your physician. You will be awake and under local anesthesia for the surgery, which requires only a short recuperation period. Having a vasectomy is an important, private decision that you need to discuss with your family doctor. Once you have all the information, you can make a thoughtful decision about whether to have the procedure.